WHAT DID YOU GET YOURSELF INTO?
Start with a Baby Unicorn in your Stable, and begin building your Unicorn Army. Each Magical Unicorn comes with a special power, but don’t underestimate the power of Basic Unicorns! Use Upgrades and Downgrades to protect and build your stable (or attack other players MUAHAHAHA). Instant Cards stop other players from laying down a card, so they’ll either be your best friend or your worst enemy. The first person to complete their Unicorn Army wins!
Gather all Baby Unicorns from the deck and place one in the Stable of each player. Place the rest of the Baby Unicorns in a stack. This will be your Nursery. Shuffle the remaining cards and deal five to each player. The rest of the stack will be your Draw Pile.
WHO GOES FIRST?
Whoever is wearing the most colors is obviously the unicorniest, so they go first!
WHAT TO DO ON YOUR TURN
Turns go clockwise around the table, and each turn is made up of four phases.
- Beginning of Your Turn - If any of your cards has an effect that happens “at the beginning of your turn,” you may use that effect now. If you forget to do it before you draw, you miss out on using that effect.
- Draw Phase - Draw one card from the Draw Pile.
- Action Phase - Play one card from your hand or Draw one more card from the Draw Pile.
- End of Your Turn - Discard down to the hand limit. (If you are holding more than seven cards.)
HOW TO WIN
The first person with the required number of unicorns in their Stable wins! They are the Righteous Ruler of All Things Magical. Everyone must bow down to them.
- 2 players - Seven Unicorns to Win
- 3-5 players - Seven Unicorns to Win
- 6-8 players - Six Unicorns to Win
WHAT IF YOU RUN OUT OF CARDS?
If you’re a stickler, the game ends when you run out of cards. If no one completed their Unicorn Army, no one gets to be The Righteous Ruler of All Things Magical.
If you’re a rule-breaker, you can reshuffle the discard pile back into the deck when you’re out of cards. The rules say not to, but you just don’t give a care. You’re a rebel.
Good for you.
If you are a Baby Unicorn, the game ends when you flip the table. Don’t be a Baby Unicorn. You’re better than that.
WORDS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Stable - The area where you play your Unicorns, Upgrades, and Downgrades.
- In Play - Cards currently in a player’s Stable.
- Bring Directly Into Play - Add the card to your Stable immediately. This does not count as your Action this turn.
- Sacrifice - Send a card from your Stable to the Discard Pile.
- Destroy - Send a card from another player’s Stable to the Discard Pile.
- Discard - Send a card from your hand to the Discard Pile.
If you’re holding more than seven cards at the end of your turn, discard down to seven. If you’re holding fewer than seven, don’t get greedy and draw more. Patience is a virtue.
When the card says “each player” that includes you, too.
If you run out of Baby Unicorn cards at any point, root through your pockets for spare change, gum wrappers, or lint to represent additional babies.
When Pandamonium is in play, all of that player’s Unicorns are Pandas, but their effects remain the same.